movie server
Raoul Watson
2008-04-16 23:18:10 UTC
I am planning on building a divx movie server. I am tired of hunting for
DVD's. I figured a couple of terrabytes should allow me to utilize a
reasonably acceptable resolution in the library.

If anyone got a movie server with some connection suggestion / way to
catalog and pull up the movies from the TV I greatly appreciate your input.
thanks!
Janitor Boy Jr
2008-04-17 00:13:33 UTC
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:18:10 +0000, Raoul Watson tossed this out for all
Post by Raoul Watson
I am planning on building a divx movie server. I am tired of hunting for
DVD's. I figured a couple of terrabytes should allow me to utilize a
reasonably acceptable resolution in the library.
If anyone got a movie server with some connection suggestion / way to
catalog and pull up the movies from the TV I greatly appreciate your
input. thanks!
<cough>
Windoze ExPee Media Center ???

<gack> ;-)
--
~Mike~
45°7'58"N 89°9'5"W
Martin Riddle
2008-04-17 00:45:39 UTC
www.beyondtv.com

Kinda neat, dunno if it is what your are looking for.

Cheers
Martin Riddle

Gordon
2008-04-17 21:58:03 UTC
Post by Raoul Watson
I am planning on building a divx movie server. I am tired of hunting
for DVD's. I figured a couple of terrabytes should allow me to utilize
a reasonably acceptable resolution in the library.
If anyone got a movie server with some connection suggestion / way to
catalog and pull up the movies from the TV I greatly appreciate your
input. thanks!
One thing I have been looking at is FreeNAS. It's a Free BSD based
server software that supports Upnp. Put your movies on the server
and serve them up to a Sony Playstation.
Martin Riddle
2008-04-18 00:46:08 UTC
Post by Gordon
Post by Raoul Watson
I am planning on building a divx movie server. I am tired of hunting
for DVD's. I figured a couple of terrabytes should allow me to utilize
a reasonably acceptable resolution in the library.
If anyone got a movie server with some connection suggestion / way to
catalog and pull up the movies from the TV I greatly appreciate your
input. thanks!
One thing I have been looking at is FreeNAS. It's a Free BSD based
server software that supports Upnp. Put your movies on the server
and serve them up to a Sony Playstation.
That will also work with the Xbox. get a Harmony remote and your all set.

Cheers

Raoul Watson
2008-04-17 23:57:09 UTC
Post by Raoul Watson
I am planning on building a divx movie server. I am tired of hunting for
DVD's. I figured a couple of terrabytes should allow me to utilize a
reasonably acceptable resolution in the library.
If anyone got a movie server with some connection suggestion / way to
catalog and pull up the movies from the TV I greatly appreciate your
input. thanks!
Thank you so much for all who have been giving me suggestions. I will
definitely look at each one carefully. I am not as much in need to record
shows. My idea is to convert my DVD's and put them on the terra server. The
only issue I have is the mechanism allowing me to pull those movies onto my
HDTV with ability to do on screen selection. I guess I can have it play on
the computer screen and wire the computer output to the HDTV but I am not
sur ethat's the best way to do it..

Thanks again for all your suggestions.