Other Verizon broadband internet services beside DSL and FIOS?
Ant
2012-03-30 07:40:52 UTC
Hello.

I can't get cable, and Verizon's DSL and FIOS in my new home area. Are
there any other Verizon services that will be suitable for a house
family for speeds and little restrictions (caps, speeds, etc.)? I see
wireless service, but they are for phones and not home computers.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"Ants follow fat." --unknown
| |o o| |
Richard B. Gilbert
Suggest you move or learn to live without!
Drewdove
2012-03-30 21:02:04 UTC
Post by Ant
Hello.
I can't get cable, and Verizon's DSL and FIOS in my new home area. Are
there any other Verizon services that will be suitable for a house
family for speeds and little restrictions (caps, speeds, etc.)? I see
wireless service, but they are for phones and not home computers.
You can get wireless for your home computer the same as you can for a
laptop. The USB thingie works on any computer with a USB port.

You can also get a mobile hotspot and use your computer's WiFi capability.

However, with LTE & 3G you do hit caps and they do cost more than FiOS.

Hope this helps. :-)
XS11E
2012-03-30 21:59:32 UTC
Post by Ant
I can't get cable, and Verizon's DSL and FIOS in my new home area.
Are there any other Verizon services that will be suitable for a
house family for speeds and little restrictions (caps, speeds,
etc.)?
Nope, you'll need to look at DSL and cable providers in your area but
many are beginning to cap speeds, etc. now.
The Usenet Improvement Project:
Justin
2012-03-30 22:59:27 UTC
Post by XS11E
Post by Ant
I can't get cable, and Verizon's DSL and FIOS in my new home area.
Are there any other Verizon services that will be suitable for a
house family for speeds and little restrictions (caps, speeds,
etc.)?
Nope, you'll need to look at DSL and cable providers in your area but
many are beginning to cap speeds, etc. now.
They aren;t capping speeds, they are capping data usage. Which is counter
intuitive.
Janet Wilder
2012-03-31 04:18:39 UTC
Post by XS11E
Post by Ant
I can't get cable, and Verizon's DSL and FIOS in my new home area.
Are there any other Verizon services that will be suitable for a
house family for speeds and little restrictions (caps, speeds,
etc.)?
Nope, you'll need to look at DSL and cable providers in your area but
many are beginning to cap speeds, etc. now.
My radio wave ISP does not cap. I could use a wireless hot spot from
VZW or Cricket, but they are capped and slower than my radio wave company.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Janet Wilder
2012-03-31 04:17:09 UTC
Post by Ant
Hello.
I can't get cable, and Verizon's DSL and FIOS in my new home area. Are
there any other Verizon services that will be suitable for a house
family for speeds and little restrictions (caps, speeds, etc.)? I see
wireless service, but they are for phones and not home computers.
Thank you in advance. :)
Look in the yellow pages for a wireless Internet provider NOT satellite
Internet.

I live where there is no cable or DSL. I get my Internet via radio
waves. There is a dish next to my satellite TV dishes that is dedicated
to my ISP.