Twayne
David H. Lipman
2008-02-18 22:37:33 UTC
From: "Travis" <***@gmen.invalid>

| Where are you?

We'll see if he posts back.

All his posts in the subject "Usenet sporge attacks" were removed.
So was one of mine, Raoul's and Janitor Boy's.

I hope he go the message that we "all" must adhere to...
"Never cross post between verizon.* and non-verizon.* newsgroups."
--
Dave
- Bob -
2008-02-18 22:40:48 UTC
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 21:59:46 GMT, Travis
Post by David H. Lipman
Where are you?
This is almost too good a straight line to pass on... but I will.
John P. Dearing
2008-02-19 03:00:13 UTC
Post by David H. Lipman
Where are you?
This is almost too good a straight line to pass on... but I will.
I won't!!!

He's on the TWACK you silly goose!

8-)

John
--
John Dearing
A+, Network+, Server+
To Reply, just drop "yourpants" from my address! 8-)
Raoul Watson
2008-02-18 23:06:01 UTC
Post by David H. Lipman
| Where are you?
We'll see if he posts back.
All his posts in the subject "Usenet sporge attacks" were removed.
So was one of mine, Raoul's and Janitor Boy's.
I hope he go the message that we "all" must adhere to...
"Never cross post between verizon.* and non-verizon.* newsgroups."
--
Dave
I guess I wasn't paying attention and just "replied to group"
threfore unintentionally I was also a cross poster..
David H. Lipman
2008-02-18 23:11:28 UTC
From: "Raoul Watson" <***@IntelligenCIA.com>

| I guess I wasn't paying attention and just "replied to group"
| threfore unintentionally I was also a cross poster..

No, you didn't when you replied "Whackkkk!!!!"

I have two computers trained on the 0.verizon.* hierarchy and on my second PC I saw that
many posts were removed.

I don't know why RedDog©®'s posts remained as well as my reply to him. But Twayne's replies
to him as well as my reply to Twayne were removed.
--
Dave
Raoul Watson
2008-02-19 00:31:01 UTC
Post by David H. Lipman
| I guess I wasn't paying attention and just "replied to group"
| threfore unintentionally I was also a cross poster..

No, you didn't when you replied "Whackkkk!!!!"
I have two computers trained on the 0.verizon.* hierarchy and on my second PC I saw that
many posts were removed.
I don't know why RedDog©®'s posts remained as well as my reply to him.
But Twayne's replies
to him as well as my reply to Twayne were removed.
--
Dave
I might have for an earlier post...

They may have canned his sorry behind :-)
David H. Lipman
2008-02-19 00:38:47 UTC
From: "Raoul Watson" <***@IntelligenCIA.com>

| I might have for an earlier post...

Not from what I've seen.

| They may have canned his sorry behind :-)

I don't understand why Twayne's posts were pulled and not RedDog©®.

However it shows that Jeremy (or other ?) has seen the posts and that's a sign that action
may be taken as I know Verizon doesn't like leakage of the 0.verizon hierarchy to Usenet.

Historically, those that have x-posted to Usenet from here "disappear" :-)
--
Dave
Janitor Boy Jr
2008-02-19 01:33:24 UTC
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 00:38:47 +0000, David H. Lipman tossed this out for
Post by David H. Lipman
However it shows that Jeremy (or other ?) has seen the posts and that's a
sign that action may be taken as I know Verizon doesn't like leakage of
the 0.verizon hierarchy to Usenet.
Historically, those that have x-posted to Usenet from here "disappear"
:-)
fortunately, it appears as though "they" only spank those who do it
intentionally. those of us who have done it accidentally have gotten a get
out of jail free card.
--
~Mike~
45°7'58"N 89°9'5"W
Mark
2008-02-20 03:18:10 UTC
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 23:11:28 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
Post by David H. Lipman
| I guess I wasn't paying attention and just "replied to group"
| threfore unintentionally I was also a cross poster..

No, you didn't when you replied "Whackkkk!!!!"
I have two computers trained on the 0.verizon.* hierarchy and on my second PC I saw that
many posts were removed.
I don't know why RedDog©®'s posts remained as well as my reply to him. But Twayne's replies
to him as well as my reply to Twayne were removed.
--
Dave
Dave,

First off .. I applogize to you.. Next I applogize to
vz.support.general.

I didn't think this would occur with a simple request
for help with a flooder.

I did learn one thing which I was asking about in my
very first msg.. Vz will enforce their own Guidelines
but all msgs to abuse@ regarding other violations of
other groups Guidelines seem to be ignored.

Sorry for the intrusion.

Mark

Janitor Boy Jr
2008-02-18 23:42:46 UTC
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:37:33 +0000, David H. Lipman tossed this out for
Post by David H. Lipman
| Where are you?
We'll see if he posts back.
All his posts in the subject "Usenet sporge attacks" were removed. So was
one of mine, Raoul's and Janitor Boy's.
I hope he go the message that we "all" must adhere to... "Never cross post
between verizon.* and non-verizon.* newsgroups."
I chopped the cross post from mine! :-)
--
~Mike~
45°7'58"N 89°9'5"W