Verizon sells of wireline op(eration)s. :(
Ant
2015-02-07 12:45:54 UTC
http://news.slashdot.org/story/15/02/06/2358218/verizon-sells-off-wireline-operations-blames-net-neutrality-plans
:/
--
"I got this aunt... Carpenter ant." --Girl and Crow
| |o o| |
JRStern
2015-02-07 17:02:29 UTC
Post by Ant
http://news.slashdot.org/story/15/02/06/2358218/verizon-sells-off-wireline-operations-blames-net-neutrality-plans
:/
They were just looking for some cash and have been moving that way for
a long time, net neutrality is going to affect all their operations
not just the antiques. In fact, wouldn't surprise me if antiques were
exempted from any new laws. I'm curious why anyone would *buy* them!

http://seekingalpha.com/news/2278536-verizon-confirms-sale-of-wireline-assets-for-10b-to-frontier

J.
BobbyK
2015-02-07 17:46:26 UTC
Post by JRStern
Post by Ant
http://news.slashdot.org/story/15/02/06/2358218/verizon-sells-off-wireline-operations-blames-net-neutrality-plans
:/
They were just looking for some cash and have been moving that way for
a long time, net neutrality is going to affect all their operations
not just the antiques. In fact, wouldn't surprise me if antiques were
exempted from any new laws. I'm curious why anyone would *buy* them!
http://seekingalpha.com/news/2278536-verizon-confirms-sale-of-wireline-assets-for-10b-to-frontier
I don't know how this move will affect us since we have a bundle
contract. We have all that Verizon offers except wireless because we
have spotty reception at home, so we have AT&T. Been with them for
years and are grandfathered with unlimited data and calls...not going
to change that.
Somehow we need to dump our land line except so many people have that
number it'll take some doing to change it with everyone.
tlvp
2015-02-07 21:09:46 UTC
... antiques ... I'm curious why anyone would *buy* them!
To squeeze them dry and throw away the husk, I'd say :-) . Cheers, -- tlvp
What Again
2015-02-11 23:58:26 UTC
Post by Ant
http://news.slashdot.org/story/15/02/06/2358218/verizon-sells-off-wireline-operations-blames-net-neutrality-plans
:/
Verizon as others hase been trying to dump copper for a long time. no
surprises.
Ant
2015-02-12 01:43:20 UTC
Post by What Again
Post by Ant
http://news.slashdot.org/story/15/02/06/2358218/verizon-sells-off-wireline-operations-blames-net-neutrality-plans
:/
Verizon as others hase been trying to dump copper for a long time. no
surprises.
Even fiber?
--
"An ant is a wise creature for itself, but it is a shrewd thing in an
orchard or garden." --Francis Bacon