Hi Speed Internet Service Providers in So Calif?
Guv Bob
2014-09-19 22:46:07 UTC
What other reliable high speed ISP's are there in So Cal besides Verizon that are any good? I don't need video - just "real" 1MB/sec is fine. Verizon claims that, but typically it is in the 10-50K range -- slower than AOL dialup used to be 15 years ago.

Or is there a vendor-neutral website with reviews?

Verizon FIOS is claims to be "good" but I'm not going to take a chance with them.

Anyone have experience with any other low cost residential services? The one I have heard are...

DSL Extreme -- $15-20/month plus $10-15 for phone if needed

Time Warner Cable -- $15/month plus $10 for phone if needed.

Uverse is not available in my area.

Thanks!
Ant
2014-09-22 07:38:38 UTC
TWC works good in my areas and the only afford broadband option. :(
--
"She's got ants in her pants." --unknown
| |o o| |
Guv Bob